Wednesday 22 July 2009

Crazy night!!!

Jaron and I met the people and Windfllower and they were all very friendly. Jaron went to bed because of his early start the next morning. I stayed and carried on drinking with Tomato, Marika and Stephanie. Stephanie and Marika work here, they are from Germany and Finland respectively. Marika and I decided to go and get some more Soju and snacks. On the way back we met two young men and being the way I am I had to speak to them. On of them - calls himself Kevin, runs the hostel next door. We asked him to show us around Bong house and it was vewry nice. It ended up with all of us back and Windflower drinking and chatting. We were gwetting so loud wedecided to go to the park! OMG I felt like I was 15 all over again! So there were the two boys, two girl and I sitting in a park drinking Soju and eating crisps. We saw a young man sleeping on a bench so we woke him up and he joined us. He was drunk and having a rest before he made his way home. So now there was seven of us. What I find unbelieveable is that it took less than a tenner to get us all drunk and feed us! An ajosshi wandered in and sat near us so I went and said hello - he was a nice old guy and I suspect he sneaked out of his house for a cigarette. I've come to the conclusion that Koreans are friendly but only if you approach them first.

I woke up today at about 1pm. I had a shower in a bathroom where you just stand on the floor. Everything in the bathroom is waterproof - so cool!
I wandered around the local area today - just so I could explore. I went to Starbucks for my breakfast and managed to order in Korean! I sat upstairs facin the window and decided to just people watch. Here are some of my observations:
The roads: Crazy crazy crazy!!! The traffic is horrendous. There are crossings with the green/red man but that doesn't stop cars from stopping on the crossing while people weave in and out trying to cross. The taxis stop anyway and wait - even on the crossings! Motor cyclists and bikers weave in and out of traffic at great speed! There are an awful lot of mopeds and scooters and they also use the crossings to cross over!
Busus: There a so many buses. If your bus pulls away and you chase it it will stop for you. I saw many people chasing after buses.
Police sirens: They sound so funny - a bit like a person whining.

Ive been to the shops to buy hairspray etc. Everything is so cheap here! My cappacino and bagel this morning cost me just over 3 quid.
It's so lovely being surrounded by the Korean language and music all the time. So far I love it here - I just hope I keep on loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment