Saturday 25 July 2009

Went to Itaewan last night. We didn't go out until about 11ish.It was just Matt, Sean, Steph and I. We passed our stop on the train cos we were chatting and then the trains stopped so we had to continue in a cab. Seoul has so many hills!! We wandered through the street trying to find the place Jaron had told us but he gave me directions from the station. he'd left earlier to meet a friend. We actually knew we were in the right area when we started to spot the transvestites. OMG the y were pretty. We reached the bottom of what wee assumed was the 'Homo Hill' we were looking for . I said "OMG not another bloody hill!" This tall black American gay man grabbed my arm and said "Hi Honey - let a homo help you up the hill" That's when I deffo felt at home!
We looked around for Jaron and he appearedf in front of us. He introduced us to his friends and immediatly I started having a good time. I met a really funny American man called Steve who in turn introduced me to lots of other guy's. Some were American and others were Korean. Jaron introduced me to the man who owned the drag queen club and he told me that Rain had visited the club a few times!! (Hmm....makes you wonder!) I met the guy who owns the bar we were drinking at. He is American and really funny. We went inside and had a dance. We were trying to convince the Korean boys to dance with their shirts off like they do in London but they said they were too shy. We left about 3.15 - too early as far as I was concerned - the night was still buzzing!
Itaewan is fantastic. There is a mix of so many different people and lots of Americans. I was told there are a lot of gay American servicemen that drink there. There are a lot of transvestites and foreigners too. When I come back I think I will stay here as it seems to be busy all the time and there are a lot of English speaking people around.
I wanted to go and stay at Seould backpackers with Matt and Sean but there are no more rooms so I'm staying here for the next week. On Wednesday I'm going away with them for a couple of night and we've booked a really nice hotel. One day in the week I'm going with them to Namsan tower - I can't wait to go on the cable car!There's still so much I want to do and places I want to visit but I'm having to watch what I spend because of eating out all the time. Once we get into the appartment it will be better as we can buy food and eat in.

No comments:

Post a Comment