Monday 20 July 2009

Im sitting in Narita aiport at the moment because we have a couple of hours till our flight to Seoul. Im so tired!!! Got to Heathrow this morning at 10.30. While Mark parked up Steph, Reece and I went to the departures board and when I saw our flight on the board I did the happy dance singing "Im going to Korea...Im going to Korea". Behind me was a Korean gentleman and as I turned he laughed at me. Embarressed much???
A bit later on at Narita he came up to me in the immigration line and we had a chat. He works for the Korean tourist organisation! He along with two ladies whom I assume are his wife and daughter are on our flight to Seoul. Im glad though because when I came to the front of the line a fierce looking Japanese man waved me away telling me to finish filling in my declation card properly! I didn't understand what he meant. The nice Korean man told him I was in transit so I didn't need to do anything else. My hero!!!
I've only had 30 minutes sleep since I started my journey so I am absolutely knackered - but I'm too excited to care.
Japan (alright so I'm only at the airport!) is quite funny. The Japanese stewardess on our flight was over the top friendly but all the airport officials are very scarey. The people in the shops are lovely.
I'm going to get some food now. The food on the plane was some food now. The food on the plane was nice but I had my brekki at about 1.30 am our time so I think my body is confused!
Korea here I come!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know, Japanese immigration officials are normally unfriendly. They thought a friend of mine was suspicious when he re-entered to Japan after we made a round trip to Taipei, thinking it was suspicious to go out from Japan and return in a couple of days! lol
    Tack xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're doing your bit to reduce the Tourism deficit. The KTO guy - it wasn't Mr Kim from the London office was it?

    ReplyDelete