Thursday 23 July 2009

Last night Jaron went out for dinner with his collegues so I went out with the girls from the hostel. We went into Hongdae. Marika forgot her id so we ended up wandering around until we found a club that would let us in.The first club we went to was very strange. Boys on one side and girls in the other, everyone seemed so self conscious as if they were worried about how they looked. we left there after a couple of drinks because it was so dead. We found another club called Ska 2. The doorman was great and he had the most amazing tattoos. He gave me the number of the tattooist.
As soon as we went inside I started dancing at the bar. A really lovely korean girl came up to me and started a conversation. I dragged her onto the dancefloor - we were the only ones on there. after while more people came in and it got a bit livelier.I met two African guys - one of them actually made a pass at me so he was told in no uncertain terms to bugger off! then I met two really nice french guys who ended up dancing with us. There was a really nice Korean boy who came and daced with us too. The two girls he was with wanted to go so he sent them off with his bag and stayed with us.Eventually I said to the french 'we need to liven this place up' So we dragged everyone onto the dance floor!All the little korean boys that were hanging around the edge of the dance floor watching were suddenly up there with us having a good time. i had a chat with the nice Jorean boy when I was dancing with him and it turned out that he wasn't a boy but 28 yrs old. his name was Min ah and he'd already done his military service. he really made an effort to speak to me in English which was really nice. we left the club around 4.30 and took a cab home. The cab cost just over four quid! I think at home it would have been about 15 quid.

korean clubs: Smoking is allowed. Most clubs women get in free and get 1 free drink. The club stays open longer and the drink is really cheap..a bottle of beer is about 2 quid.

It was a really good night!!! Crazy but good.
Today i went to the SM entertainment buiding with Deam. She is an American Vietnamese girl staying at the hostel. Getting there was a mission. 2 trains and a very long walk. We stopped off at the SME shop first and bought a couple of goodies. There was so much Suju and DBSK stuff!
We got to the building and I was really surprised. The building is old and scruffy with no signs. There's lots of graffiti on the walls, mostly korean. When we was ligging about outside two American girls that work there told us that Shinee were having a photo shoot up the road. they told us to sneak in and have a quick look. We watched them for about 10 mins. we were so close to them and they looked really nice. i managed to sneak a couple of pics! then all the fangirls turned up - obviously to see Suju cos the boys are back in Japan. It's so stange to go and see a place that you've only ever seen on the internet.
I got back home at about 7. I've done so much walking this last couple of days and I haven't eaten much. Jaron and I have just had dinner and now we're sitting in a PC Bang. I'm having an early night tonight. I'm going to sit and plan my outings for the next couple of days. they run tours from the hostel to the DMZ so I might do that while I'm here.
So far so good. I'm loving this place. The people are very different and the customs are very different. The seoul metro is nearly as crazy as the roads but now I've used it a couple of times it's not so scarey.
The thing that scares me most in Korea??? The crazy ajummas! OMG these women are intimidating. They stare at you like your from outer space. I thought it was just me but I noticed when I was on the train that these women give everyone dirty looks. They are nasty!
Going home now!!!
사 랑
Jojo xxx

1 comment:

  1. What's SM entertainment?? Sounds naughty :p
    and don't be scared of ajummas, whatever they are! Have fun xxx

    ReplyDelete