Monday 10 August 2009

Had a very lazy sunday. Jaron had a friend over! Jaron and I started watching a Korean Drama that's big over here, called partner. We watched it on Mysoju with English subs. Jaron said he fancied chinese so he looked for a menu then he realised that we actually don't know the address of theis apartment! Korean adresses are quite complicated and there is a distinct lack of road name signs! In the end we opted for fried chicken as there is a shop about a minute away. It was really nice but it made me feel sick because it is so greasy! I had a bad nights sleep because I felt sick.
This morning I had a lazy time watching DBSK on youtube etc. I had arranged to Meet Jessica and Danny at 6pm at Anguk station. I left home and made my way there and met them on time. I had a great time with them. Danny took us to a nice little restaurant and I ate Pajeon. It was lovely! Corea Chillie - I realise how crap you are after being here!
we left there and found a really cool coffe and tea place. It was small and cosy and a bit hippy like. It was called Jeons travellers coffee rest or something and we sat around a low table on cushions. We had a really good chat and exchanged numbers. We left about half ten and made our way back to Anguk station. We will meet up again and hopefully thay will come out to Itaewan on saturday.
It was so good to see them as I haven't seen them both for ages!
Tomorrow I might go to The World cup stadium. It isn't far from here and I want to see if I can get a souveneir for Mr.W!

I found out something else today from Danny. Ilsan is in a high risk malaria area! We're nearer to the North Korean border here (Keep collecting for my release fund, and keep working on the banner claire!) Well I haven't been bitten by any mossies since I've been here so I think I'll be alright but it explains a lot. There's these whiney wire things all around the streets that constantly make an irritating noise, apparently these are to deter Mossies! I've just done a bit of research and the type of malaria in this area is not a killer - so I feel better now! So I'm just going to go and sparay myself down with mosquito repellent now and get into bed. Goodnight! x

No comments:

Post a Comment