Monday 3 August 2009

Yesterday was a sad day. I went to gimpo airport to see the boys off. The airport is big and clean but not as busy as Incheon. I found the escalaters that DBSK come up when they come to the airport. (I recognise it from youtube!) After a tearful goodbye to matt and Sean (from me anyway) I went for a look around the shops. So many mobile phones!
I had a coffee while I decided what to do for the day. I had to kill time until jaron could pick me up from the hostel. They had kindly said they would keep my bags there until the evening. I went to a shop called Seoul selection near Anguk station. It is a book shop that sells books about Korea in English. I browsed for ages, there is also dvd's and cd's. It is only small but it is cosy and friendly and has coffee and a computer. I bought myself a Korean vocab book so I can learn some new words while I am here. I will deffo go back there for a visit before I leave.
After that I had a wander around Insadong. Insadong is cute. It is full of traditonal pottery shops alongside souvenier shops. When the markets on it's really busy.I'm so going to bring back some tacky stuff! The little backstreets of Insadong are very pretty.
I made my way back to the hostel and didn't have to wait long before Jaron met me. We took a cab to Ilsan and we were met by his friends Josh and Kito who took us to the appartment. we dropped off our cases and then went to dinner. I asked Josh what is the nearest metro station and when he told me i thought it sounded familiar. Then he said it is three stops from the end of the line. OMG Junsus dad's pizza place is three stops from the end of the line! I told them and they were not that impressed. I knew it was above a"Buy the Way" shop so I was looking out and then I spotted it! I recognised it from pics on the internet! I was really excited so Josh took my picture. Then three Korean men/boys who were amused at my excitement offered to take our picture together. I will be having my lunch there one day. It will cheer me up after the reading about the contractual difficulties the boys have been having and the horrible break up rumours! We went for dinner at a friend chicken restaurant - it was the best fried chicken I've ever had.
jarons friends Kito and Josh are really nice and they live just around the corner. The appt is nice. very clean and it has a washing machine! The couple who own it have gone to Canada with their baby to visit relatives. They have two cats that we have to keep alive. Lovely cats -ones very shy but the other one is friendly. The appt is in a huge square right opposite a gym and a church! We are literary on the edge of a huge shopping mall! This area looks really nice with parks etc so when I'm rested I will go aout and explore. Josh told me that there is a coffee shop opposite us where people take their dogs. It's like a dog creche and people can go in there for coffee and buy food to feed other peoples dogs and play with them! Josh and Kito drop their dog ther a couple of times a week and he always comes back really tired because he has been playing so much.
I've been watching a bit of T.V. There are some American shows on - I watched Cold Case this morning. I've also realised that Kang Ho dong, Noh Hong Chol, Park Myeong Soo and Yu Jae seok are on TV anytime of the night or day. Just flick around the channels anytime and you will find them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment