Sunday 2 August 2009

I am so exhausted! We went to Danggogae this morning. In the station was amachine selling tissues, plasters polo mints etc and condoms! Surreal.....
We hiked halfway up suraksan, just getting to the mountain was ahile in itself! The views were beautiful. at one point Sean and I said 'No'. It was about 30 degrees and the sun was beating down on us. Matt decided to climb a little higher but we sat by this beautiful little stream and soaked our feet in the water. There was a family picnicing nearby and the children were playing around us. We managed to communicate with them and the chidren sprayed us with their water guns to cool us down.
After we left the mountain we had a walk around the town. It's very different from central Seoul and has it's fair share of scruffy housing.
We then went to Namsan tower. We had to queue for ages to get on the cable car but it was worth it when we did. The view was amazing. We decided to go up the tower and the view was even more amazing. It was really crowded up there.
after our time there we went for BBQ and by then I was ready for food!
Lastly we went for a wlk through the market. There was lots of DBSK merchandise, everything from socks to calendars! I'm so going to bring some tut home! we met some interesting people there - from Ajummas who tried to talk to us to younger men who tried to talk to us in English.
I have walked for mile these last few days. Korea is all mountains, hills and not many escalators! I'm proud of myself for all the exercise I've been doing and I'm sure my legs are thinner (they bloody better be!)
Tomorow morning I'm going to Gimpo to see the boys off. The man here said I could leave my case till the evening when Jaron comes to get me. I'd meet him somewhere but my case is too heavy to get up and down the stairs at the underground.
Only a short piece today as I'm so tired I can't think. When we get to the appartment I'm going to rest for a couple of days and just explore the local area.

No comments:

Post a Comment