Saturday 15 August 2009

I haven't written a anything for a couple of day so I have a bit to catch up on.
On Friday I went to meet my lovely friend Sang Kyun. I was very excited because I haven't seen him for a long time. I wanted to see the river so he took me to Seonyudo park by the the river. The park was beautiful but the river was even moreso. We sat by the river for a while and chatted. As we talked I realised that my friend was not a boy but a man, he is so confident and clever. He told me he hadn't spoken English since we last met but his English was great. It was so hot in the park! We then went into Sinchon and ate chicken. After our meal we went to Starbucks for Iced coffee! He had to leave at seven and I had to go and meet Jaron so we parted company on the train when it reached my stop, I felt sad to say goodbye to him as it will be some time before I see him again. It was an absolute pleasure being with him as he is one of the nicest young men I have ever met.
Jaron and I wandered around Myong Dong for a while, Jaron bought some clothes. He then went to meet David for a drink and I went straight home as the heat had drained all of my energy. It was an interesting journey. I sat next to an old man (Mr. park) and he started talking to me. his English wasn't great but it was much better than my korean. We spoke about all the usual stuff - why was I here and what did I think etc. We also discussed the political and economical situation in Korea! He was a lovely man and before we parted he gave me his card and said I was to email him so he could keep in touch with me.

The next day we planned to go to Itaewan but I decided to go to the Worl Cup Stadium in the afternoon. It was about 40 minutes away on the metro. When I arrived at the station I was very impressed with the decor. I came out of the station and had a look around and then I decided to walk towards the Museum. It cost me 1000 to get in and I was shown in by an ajushi. After I'd looked around for a while he came up to me and said he would show me the stadium. He took me through a door and we walked right into the stadium! It was spectacular! He took me to the pitch and took photos of me. Then to the dug out where Man U sat a couple of weeks ago, the Seoul dugout, the away team changing room and I sat on Rooneys seat, the warm up room, the coaches room, the reception room and then we walked the path the teams walk when they come out onto the pitch. All the time he was taking my picture. I'm grinning like an idiot in them because he was very funny and kept making me laugh! I watched a short film on the history of South Korea in the world cup and had a chat with another man who had immpecable English. He said it was a shame that none of the Seoul players were there because he would have introduced me to them. On my out I visited the shop and was able to pick up some souveniers.
I walked back towards the station and went into the stadium to find starbucks. The stadium has a huge cinema in it as well as ashopping centre and a banqueting suite. I walked throught the cinema's huge lobby to get to starbucks and I noticed an area where there were handprints of Korean actors. I spotted Kang Song Ho's hand print and picture - I was well happy!! I went into a convienience store to get some water before I went to the station. I saw a young man in an Arsenal shirt. Of course I had to smile at him. He and his girlfriend came up to me and asked me if I liked Arsenal. We chatted about the team for a while and how I was a supporter etc. He said his dream was to go to London one day to see them play live and go to see the stadium. I gave him my Arsenal keyring telling him it came fom the shop at the stadium. I thought he was going to cry! He was so grateful and wouldn't stop thanking me. I told him it was my pleasure and that he must be a good man as he has good taste in football teams.
I eventually got on the train home and something funny happened. A Christian lady got on and was handing out leaflets. Three young boys sitting opposite me refused her leaflets and she started lecturing them. I coulddn't understand what she was saying but it soundedd like they were getting a good telling off. I was trying my hardest not to laugh but one of the boys looked at me and that was it! We both burst out laughing and the ajuma just carried on scolding!
On the way back from Jeongbalsan station I had a little look around La festa and bought a couple of bits. I decided to go the the record shop and there was AADBSK season 3!!!!! I just had to buy it. It cost me 23 pounds, on Yesasia it costs 88 pounds! I also bought the latest live album which cost me about 8 -yesasia 13, so I got some bargains!
When i got home it was shower change and out the door to Itaewan. We met Jaron,s friends and had BBQ. Then we went to a Noraebang. No alcohol was allowed so we sneaked in Soju and beer. Unfortunatly the ajoshi caught us and had a moan. I couldn't understand so I didn't care. he only found one bottle of beer so we still had beer and soju hidden. Everyone had a sing and David sung Hug for me. Jaron Sang Mirotic for me! It was really cool.
After that we went to the bar and started drinking and dancing. I got chatted up by some French man and a very young looking Korean boy tried to cozy up to me but he looked about 15!
As I was dancing on the stage a man came up to me and shouted JoJo! I thought he looked familar. He said "OMG I met you in Ku bar in London a few months ago and now you are in Korea!" It was surreal - I remember meeting him and his friend at Ku and telling them I wanted to visit Korea and chatting with them all night.
It was a great night and I ended up getting the train home this morning.
Another ajushi spoke to me on my train journey. His name was Kim Dong Ho and he was learning english. We had a reallty enjoyavble chat aboout all sorts of things. and when he left he gave me email adress with a request to keep in touch!
Today I'm just chilling out! Tomorrow and Tuesday I have things planned - hopefully Star Avenue and the big lake, oh and coffee with the doggies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment