Thursday 6 August 2009

Well I've had a lazy couple of days. I needed to recover from all the walking with Matt and Sean. Yesterday I just chilled all day and then when Jaron came home we went shopping at Home Plus. This is Tesco! I was desperate for some breakfast cereal but all they had was flakes - bran flakes, corn flakes, frosted flakes etc. I opted for frosted flakes. I'm craving some shredded wheat but I can't find it anywhere :( We managed to get some real grapes and bananas. So now the fridge has some healthy food in it. The only bread available is white bread. You cannot get granary bread here but I caved in and got white so I can have some toast when I'm peckish! There is also no instant coffe - not as we know it anyway. The coffee comes in tube shaped sachets with the sugar and powded milk already in it. I'm afraid I'm becoming addicted. I've just popped down to the shop for another box!
The apartment is nice. It's small but cosy. It has everything we need. It has a huge tv which is hooked up to the comp so I can watch youtube on the big screen. The shops underneath the block seem to stay open all the time so it is always busy in the street. When do Koreans sleep??? We went out to dinner with Jaron's friends Josh and Kito. We went to a place right underneath Junsu's dads pizza parlour! I can't remember the name of the food we ate but it was spicy and delicious.
This morning I got up and the weather was a lot cooler. Yesterday I popped out for a walk and it wa so hot I could feel my skin burning! Today I decided to look for the bus stop so I can get out of this city when I want to! As I passed Junsu' Dad's Pizza parlour (JDPP) I decided it was time for lunch. OMG this place is full of pictures of Junsu! The place isn't very big - seats about 40. There is a board full of messages and pics from fans and life size cut outs of Junsu. There is also a shelf full of models of the boys and memorabilia. I sat down and orderd myself a roast apple pizza. Never seen that before. Some of the pizzas are Koreanised and unusual. Going to try a sweet pootato one next time. The place was full of young girls - not a male in sight apart from the staff! A couple of young girls on the next table who heard me order started up a conversation with me. They asked me if I liked DBSK and which member I liked best. They were really sweet girls and wanted to have their picture taken with me ( that will end up on some website captioned "the strange English women we met in JDPP")
Then a Japanese lady from Vancouver started up a conversation with me - so my lunch wasn't boring at all!
My pizza was gorgeous! They should do roast apple pizza in Pizza Hut! I had a beer with it - I was the only one drinking beer as everyone else there was underage! Well maybe with the exception of the Japanese lady. By the time I'd finished eating the place was full of excited young girls and camera flashes! I found myself being photographer a few times so the girls could have their pictures taken together with Junsus cut out! Suddenly two young men walked in and I thought 'Fanboys!!' But no - they had microphones and a film camera so they were from the media. After a 10 minute chat with the manager they went. I suppose with the current situation the boys are going through it's not suprising the media is there. After all it is Junsu's dad who is helping them with their court case against SM.
For those who don't know three of the group are taking SME to court regarding their 15 year slave contract. They state here in the press that the boys are "mentally and physically fatigued" and that they have been paid a pitance in relation to the money they have made for SME. I think anyone who knows anything about Dongbangshinki will know that that is true and it's something fans have been saying for a long time.
After my excitng fan girl trip to JDPP I went looking for a bus stop so I can leave Ilsan! I like this place but I want to go back to Seoul and see some more stuff and meet up with Christophe and Soo young! I couldn't work out the buses at all . I found the buses that go to Daehwa but that is 3 trains stops further away from Seoul. Worse way I'll go the the station there and get a train in. Tomorrow I'll go and have another look. I also want to go and have coffee with the doggies tomorrow and look for the lakes park. They have a fountain their that dances to music. That happens at 8pm for an hour! I so need to see that.
As I haven't done much I thought I'd inflict a few more of my observations on you. Sorry if any are repeated from earlier entries!

Shoes off: What an absolutely great idea! I can sit on the floor of this apartment with my coffee and snack knowing that it is clean! You absolutely daren't enter a Korean household with out taking your shoes off (and some traditional restaurants). I'm becoming an expert at whipping them on and off quickly. I think I'm going to clean all my carpets at home and put this rule in place. It's just so much more hygienic than treading all the gunge and dogs pee in from the street!

T.V: There is one channel that shows English language shows and films with Korean subs. So far I've watched CSI, cold case, 28 weeks later and Kung fu Hustle was on earlier. There is also Airirang an English language American channel. I find the tone of it a bit condescending and a couple of the female presenters make me want to slap their stupid faces but it does have some good interviews. Did you know that the only female CEO of a banking company in Korea is English!!! Go girl! - she was very interesting. I watched an interesting interview with the mayor of Seoul this morning - nice man. I'm watching two good dramas at the moment. Partners, about a law firm, with Lee Dong Wook and Dream, about a sports agent and his boxer client, with Joo Jin Mo and Kim Bum! Don't understand a bloody word of it but it's fun trying to work out what's happening.
The news is cool, at the end of the broadcaste the news readers bow to the camera and then each other! Oh and the boys have been all over the news too!
The food: Love it love it love it!!! Spicy and tasty and very healthy! Korea seem very contrary when it comes to diet and health. Korean food itself is very healthy but western food has crept in which has resulted in 1 in 10 Koreans becomeing obese. If you look around the streets are full of Baskin Robbins, Dunkin donuts, Mac's etc. Korean restaurants are still full of peole eating but they probably eat these unhealthy foods alongside it. All of the junk food seems over processed such as the coffee I mention and the breakfast cereals! But also thre are Ginseng shops everywhere! Maybe it's a generational thing and it's the youngsters who are going to suffer from the effects of a western diet.
It's raining here now but I'm going to bed soon so Goodnight - Oh and thanks to those people who are reading this!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment